One graduate credit can be earned for every 15 hours of attendance and engagement at designated NESC workshops during the 2022-23 school year:
- Regional Fall In-service (August 16, 2022)
- Technology Learning Cooperative Workshops
- Project ExCEED
- Beginning Teacher Workshops
- ALICE Active Shooter Workshops
- LINCspring Cycles
- Additional NESC sponsored or facilitated professional learning at member schools
The NESC Graduate Credit Cafeteria Plan gives professionals an opportunity to accumulate the necessary hours for graduate credits offered from Valley City State University (VCSU) during the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Up to four credits may be acquired per school year. A total of 15 hours of direct instruction must be completed for each graduate credit.
- Download credit verification forms via pdf or typeable document: http://www.vcsu.edu/extend/cafeteria-credit-information
- Participate in NESC sponsored or facilitated professional development (15 hours per credit)
- On the verification form, answer briefly:
- How will this PD Activity help you improve your teaching?
- How will this PD Activity promote increases in student achievement?
- Obtain an administrator signature (use the form from step 1)
- Register for credit using the link, https://www.vcsu.edu/academics/extended-learning/course-availability-and-registration/.
- Search: “EDUC 2000” and choose the semester in which you want your credits registered (Keep credits as “All”)
- Find “EDUC 2000 ST: Professional Development (NESC members only)”
- Select the number of credits you want to purchase in the dropdown
- Click “Choose credits” and then add them to your cart
- Click “Check out” to complete registration
- Pay for your credits ($65 per credit)
- Send verification forms to Dave Bass at VCSU (101 College St. SW, Valley City, ND 58072)
VCSU Credit Registration Deadlines:
Summer 2022 – July 15, 2022
Fall 2022 – November 25, 2022
Spring 2023 – April 21, 2023
Summer 2023 – July 14, 2023
NDMTSS Grant workshops (statewide initiatives offered in Devils Lake and/or in partnership with the NESC) will have separate graduate credit opportunities through VCSU, with credit registration information distributed during the workshops.
Contact Erin Lacina, NESC Director of Professional Learning & Operations, at email@example.com or 888-701-NESC (6372).
Graduate Level Professional Development Credit Courses.
Up to nine credits for $275 TOTAL!
Northeast Education Services Cooperative (NESC) has partnered with the University of North Dakota and VESi to offer members a yearly subscription to online graduate level professional development credit courses for $275 per year. You can enroll in one course per term or two courses during the summer (if you skip fall or spring), for a total of 3 courses per year.
- Choose from over 30 online courses for license renewal and salary advancement
- Learn online at your own pace from the convenience of your home
- Three courses (up to nine credits) per year for $275 — a savings of over $700 per year
Get started now! https://www.virtualeduc.com/nesc
Course topics include:
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism & Asperger’s Disorder
- Classroom Management
- Common Core
- Differentiated Instruction
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Early Childhood
- Elementary/Secondary Math Concepts
- English Language Learner
- Mental Health
- Reading & Writing
- Talented & Gifted Students
- Violence & Bullying