Swivl Technology is available to all NESC member schools!
What is it?
The Swivl is a robotic mount for an Ipad, camera, or smartphone that comes with a remote control
Marker. It is designed to track and, with the video capture abilities of the other device, record videos of a
moving person. It was designed to capture presentations. (http://www.swivl.com/solutions/#uses)
How does it work?
The Swivl uses tracking, line of sight, technology and a 360 degree rotating platform to follow a
handheld Marker. A mount located on the top of the rotating platform is designed to hold various
recording devices. When a person wants to record or broadcast a video of themselves in motion
the Swivl keeps the camera focused on whoever holds the Marker. The Swivl also has an app that
allows videos to be instantly uploaded to a Cloud. (http://www.swivl.com/solutions/#overview)
The Swivl Goal: “We aim to turn classroom observations into a teacher driven movement with the
potential to change anything using individualized observations.” (https://www.swivl.com/)
How can NESC member schools benefit from use of the Swivl?
- Teachers can record their instruction for self-reflection and improvement towards their personal professional goals.
- Teachers can record their instruction for self-reflection and improvement against the components of their school’s evaluation model.
- Teachers can build collections of video recordings for shared viewing and discussion of best practices during Professional Learning Communities, professional learning sessions, instructional rounds, mentoring sessions or staff meetings.
- Teachers can record lessons and make them available to students online.
- Teachers can experiment with a flipped classroom approach to instruction.
- Leaders of professional learning can record and review their sessions for enhanced, professional practice.
- Students working on classroom presentations can record themselves and review their performance prior to the big event.
- And much, much more!
Read what educators have to say about the Swivl! https://www.swivl.com/educator-feedback/
Reserve a Swivl kit for your school today by contacting NESC Director of Professional Learning and Operations, Erin Lacina (Erin.Lacina@nescnd.org or 701.662.7650)!
Eight NESC Swivl kits are rotated through NESC member schools on an as-needed basis.