One graduate credit can be earned for every 15 hours of attendance and engagement at designated NESC workshops during the 2021-22 school year:
- Regional Fall In-service (August 13 and/or 20, 2021)
- Technology Learning Cooperative Workshops
- Project ExCEED
- Steve Dunn Literacy Workshops
- Beginning Teacher Workshops
- Prioritized Instructional Planning – NESC Workshops (September 29, September 30, and October 1, 2021
- Instructional Rounds
- CHAMPS Workshops
- QPR Suicide Prevention Workshops
- Trauma Sensitive Schools Workshops
- ALICE Active Shooter Workshops
- LINCspring Cycles
- Additional NESC sponsored or facilitated professional learning at member schools
The NESC Graduate Credit Cafeteria Plan gives professionals an opportunity to accumulate the necessary hours for graduate credits offered from Valley City State University (VCSU) during the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Up to four credits may be acquired per school year. A total of 15 hours of direct instruction must be completed for each graduate credit.
- Download credit verification forms via pdf or typeable document: http://www.vcsu.edu/extend/cafeteria-credit-information
- Participate in NESC sponsored or facilitated professional development (15 hours per credit)
- On the verification form, answer briefly:
- How will this PD Activity help you improve your teaching?
- How will this PD Activity promote increases in student achievement?
- Obtain an administrator signature (use the form from step 1)
- Register for credit using the link, https://www.vcsu.edu/academics/extended-learning/course-availability-and-registration/.
- Click “Registration and Course Availability”
- Search: “EDUC 2000” and choose the semester in which you want your credits registered (Keep credits as “All”)
- Find “EDUC 2000 ST: Professional Development (NESC members only)”
- Click “Choose credits” then add them to your cart
- Click “Check out” to complete registration
- Pay for your credits ($65 per credit)
- Send verification forms to Dave Bass at VCSU (101 College St. SW, Valley City, ND 58072)
Fall – November 26, 2021
Spring – April 22, 2022
Summer – July 15, 2022
NDMTSS Grant workshops (statewide initiatives offered in Devils Lake) will have separate graduate credit opportunities through VCSU, with credit registration information distributed during the workshops.
Contact Derryn Johnson, NESC Professional Learning Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-701-NESC (6372).