One graduate credit can be earned for every 15 hours of attendance and engagement at designated NESC workshops during the 2018-19 school year:
- Regional Fall In-service (August 16 or 17, 2018)
- Regional Winter In-service (January 21, 2019)
- Technology Learning Cooperative Workshops
- Steve Dunn Writing Workshops
- Beginning Teacher Workshop
- Instructional Rounds
- QPR Suicide Prevention Workshops
- Trauma Sensitive Schools Workshops
- NESC sponsored or facilitated professional learning at member schools
The NESC Graduate Credit Cafeteria Plan gives professionals an opportunity to accumulate the necessary hours for graduate credits offered from Valley City State University (VCSU) during the fall, spring, or summer semesters. Up to four credits may be acquired per school year. A total of 15 hours of direct instruction must be completed for each graduate credit.
(Download a copy of the instructions here.)
- Download credit verification forms via pdf or typeable document: http://www.vcsu.edu/extend/seecmdecmrecnesc-information
- Participate in NESC sponsored or facilitated professional development (15 hours per credit)
- On the verification form, answer briefly:
- How will this PD Activity help you improve your teaching?
- How will this PD Activity promote increases in student achievement?
- Obtain an administrator signature (use the form from step 1)
- Register for credit using www.vcsu.edu/extend/
- Click “Registration and Course Availability”
- Find “EDUC 2000 ST: Professional Development (NESC members only)”
- Pay for your credits ($65 per credit)
- Send verification forms to Dave Bass at VCSU (101 College St. SW, Valley City, ND 58072)
Fall – November 21st (recorded December 18th)
Spring – April 17th (recorded May 14th)
Summer – July 5 (recorded July 30th)
NDMTSS and PTESS Grant workshops (statewide initiatives offered in Devils Lake) will have separate graduate credit opportunities through VCSU, with credit registration information distributed during the workshops.
Contact Derryn Johnson, NESC Professional Learning Specialist, at email@example.com or 701-662-7650.