Graduate Credit is available for most NESC professional learning opportunities.
1 credit can be earned for every 2 full days of attendance at designated NESC workshops (including the following for the 2017-18 school year):
- August Regional In-service
- January Regional In-service
- Technology Learning Cooperative workshops
- Steve Dunn Grade 2-3 Shared Reading
- SLDS 101
- SLDS 201
- Beginning Teacher Workshop
- NWEA MAP Applying Reports Workshop
- ‘I Am Resilient’ Suicide Prevention Curriculum Training
- College/Career Reboot
- Prioritizing the Standards (MS/HS Math)
The following NDMTSS workshops offered in Devils Lake will have separate graduate credit opportunities through Valley City State University (with credit registration information distributed during the workshops):
- Leading Your Instructional Coaches
- Building a System in Your School
- Developing Pathways for Academics
Following each workshop, a reflection paper is due if the participant plans to use that workshop day towards a credit.
The written reflection must meet the following requirements:
- summarize the workshop content and strategies (including key points relevant to your work and any planned classroom applications),
- one page in length,
- size 12 font,
- double-spaced, and
- include a header with name, email address, school, event and event date.
Reflection papers are due within a month following each event.
Participants can select from 3 ND universities when registering for graduate credit:
Register Here: http://tinyurl.com/MiSU1718
Registration open October 16, 2017 – April 30, 2018
*Scroll down the list to find the ‘NESC Professional Learning 2017-18’ options.
*Options include 1, 2, 3 or 4 credits.
Register Here: http://tinyurl.com/UND1718
The “coupon code” is: 20175031
Registration open October 16, 2017 – May 7, 2018
Access Registration Directions Here: http://www.nesc.k12.nd.us/files/2017/10/NESC-UND-Grad-Credit-Registration-Directions.pdf
Registration link coming soon!
Registration open April 17 – 27, 2018
Contact Karen Plummer, NESC Professional Learning Specialist, at email@example.com or 701-662-7650.