All schools have an assessment system and data analysis system in place that includes standardized tests, common assessments, and curriculum assessments.
Schools have a data team, leadership team, and/or a person in charge of their school data, with protocols in place for periodic reviews of the following:
Tests administered in the school
Purpose of tests administered
Calendar of assessments administered in the school
Monitoring of overall school performance
- Teachers and teams (e.g., RTI/MTSS team) will monitor individual student performance
The North Dakota Educational Data Alliance (NDEDA) was formed in 2015 to assist schools with data utilization. NDEDA collaborative partners include:
- ND Regional Education Association (Succeed 2020)
- ND Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS)
- ND Educational Technology Council
- ND Information Technology Department
- ND Department of Public Instruction
Representatives from these North Dakota agencies have been working since the Spring of 2015 to develop a number of resources and protocols for data use across the state. For more information about this initiative and NDEDA developments please go to http://www.ndeda.k12.nd.us/ or contact NDEDA member/NESC Director of Professional Learning and Operations, Erin Lacina at Erin.Lacina@nescnd.org or 701-662-7650.